KUS550 Series Ultrasonic Water Level Sensor
1. Ultrasonic water level distance sensor Features
- Ultrasonic water level Sensor
- High sensitivity.
- Compact and robust structure.
- IP68 high protection rating.
- Corrosion resistant casing, suitable for corrosive medium and application
2. Ultrasonic water level sensor Dimension
Unit in the diagram is mm.
3. Electronic interface and signals definition
Analogue output type wiring diagram
4. Ultrasonic water level distance sensor Parameters
G eneral s pec ifi cat i o ns
|Model: KUS550 Ultrasonic Water Level Sensor|
|Measuring range||0.25m~3m (5m customizable) KUS550A
0.15m-0.6m (1m customizable) KUS550B;
|Blind spot||The dead zone of KUS550A is 0 … 250 mm (within 250mm is unstable working zone, it is not recommended to work in this range); the dead zone of KUS550B is 0-150mm;|
|Supply voltage||3.3 … 30 VDC, ripple 10 %SS|
|Working current||≤ 45 mA (fastest measurement speed), typical power consumption ≤ 10 mA;|
|0-10V. 0-3V 0-5V /4-20mA/NPN/PNP/RS485 Analog output.|
|Electrical connection||5-core cable (analog output), 6-core cable (switch output);|
5. Description of Ultrasonic Water Level Sensor Functions
A just i ng the analogue output .
The analogue output can be programmed as the user want. Such as working at switch output or working at liner output all the parameters can be set by the RS485 interface.
There is 8 types of output functions can be programmed.
All the setting routine as follows,
step 1 set one pointed distance by the RS485,
step 2 set another pointed distance by the RS485.
Step3 set the output type liner or switch, and set the related output options
Step4 reboot the sensor.
- Window mode normally-open and liner mode positive slope output function.
- Window mode normally-closed and liner mode negative slope output function.
- Single switching point, normally-open function.
- Singleswitching point, normally-closed function.
- 5. Single switch point with hysteresis gap normally-open function.
- 6. Single switch point with hysteresis gap normally-closed function.
- 7. Detection of object presence-normal open function.
- 8. Detection of object presence-closed open function.
Switching point, Setting distance only after power on. The internal clock can assure can’t be changed after 5 minutes after power on. If want to change the switching point, the user can only set the request distance after power restart.
For the RS485 Ultrasonic Sensor output type.
There are 2 kinds of working style,
One for auto measure, the sensor will measure the distance or level repeatedly, and the measurement period can be set by the UART. The measure result can be fetched every time.
The other style is power save mode when the sensor is sleep, until the sensor received the inquiry command with pre-code. Communication protocol is Modus-RTU.
For example the measure result can be read by access the register 0x101 by Modbus protocol.
For more information please contact us for the software engineering guide.
6. Window mode normally-open and liner mode positive slope output function program routine diagram.
7. Installation conditions
If the sensor is installed at the environment temperature fall below 0℃, It should do well on the protective measures. In case of direct mounting of the sensor in a through hole using the steel nuts, it has to be fixed at the middle of the housing thread.
8. Ordering information
|K US||Model||Output_ _||Max range||Description|
|mA||3 wire 4-20mA output|
|10V||Output is Vout 0-10V|
|5V||Output is Vout 0-5V|
|3V||Output is Vout 0-3V|
|RS485||Output is RS485|
|TTL||UART TTL output|
|XX m||XX m is the maximum range can be detected
Default is 2.5m
Appendix: Influence of Side Lobe Effect on Ultrasonic Distance Sensor Installation
KUS550 series ultrasonic sensor datasheet_v2.1
KUS550L Ultra Low Power Series Ultrasonic Sensor datasheet_V1.2